Qualifications / Examinations
At Carwarden we feel it is important to recognise and celebrate the progress our students make and wherever possible, to offer formal accreditation opportunities.
As in other secondary and 6th Form provision, all students at Carwarden work towards a selection of qualification options. This includes a range of Entry Level Certification and, where appropriate for the individual, GCSE and Level 1 courses. We also offer the opportunity for our students to complete the Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award in both KS4 and 5.
To ensure the qualifications are appropriate for our students and accurately capture and reflect their achievements, the providers for our qualifications and courses offered are reviewed yearly so that we are assured we are offering the best possible options to every individual.
Key Stage 3 and 4 are currently utilising qualifications from the following boards:
2022/23 qualifications 6th form offer:
Students will study for one of the following OCR qualifications.
- OCR diploma in life and living skills at entry 1, 2 or 3
- OCR extended certificate in life and living skills at entry 1, 2, or 3
- OCR certificate in life and living skills at entry 1, 2 or 3
- OCR award in life and living skills at entry 1,2, or 3
- ASDAN personal progress at entry level 1
Students will also study for:
English Speaking Board certificate - interview skills at entry level 2.
ASDAN employability certificate at entry level 2 or 3
- English Speaking Board certificate – setting out or stepping up or new beginnings